1 April 2015
Consult not your fears but your hopes and your dreams. Think not about your frustrations, but about your unfulfilled potential. Concern yourself not with what you tried and failed in, but with what it is still possible for you to do. - Pope John XXIII
Welcome to the new financial year
Typically the end of each financial year finishes with a bit of a flourish and then the annual cycle begins all over again. To complete your annual accounting and tax work you will be required to provide us with your signed year end questionnaires. Our initial handover meeting is a valuable time to ensure your records are complete and for us to be acquainted with any changes in your business and investments
Year End Questionnaires
Our 2015 Year End Questionnaires have now been posted onto our website - www.enoka.co.nz/annual_questionnaires. All clients should print these off now. Familarise yourself with the content you will be required to compile. Sign where indicated.
2015 Balance Date Business Questionnaire – to be completed by all businesses including rental property companies and owners.
2015 Personal Income tax Return Questionnaire – to be completed by all individuals for whom we prepare a tax return
2015 Investment Properties Annual Checklist – to be completed by all individuals, companies, or trusts who own a rental property (Complete one checklist for each property).
9 Steps to help minimise accounting costs
1. Provide all the information in the first instance.
2. Summarise and reconcile as much as possible
3. Explain any unusual events at your initial meeting
4. Ask yourself the question "can I attend to this without contacting PECA" i.e. sometimes you may contact us to fax copies of documents, which you may already have in your possession. E.g. Tax Returns
5. Discuss with us areas that can be improved or work that you can do to present the job better.
6. Use our support staff for the minor things and use the partner only for the important things.
7. Provide missing information quickly.
8. Do most of the running around yourself e.g. calling banks / solicitors, collecting statements etc.
9. Use email and our website to ask for answers to questions.
Although every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of this newsletter, the information is necessarily generalised. Clients are therefore requested to seek specific advice and not rely solely on the above, if they are interested in any matters mentioned.
Paul Enoka Chartered Accountants Ltd
Level 1, 2 Pretoria Street , Lower Hutt
PO Box 31-348 Lower Hutt 5040 ,New Zealand
Phone (04) 939-7977