10 April 2017
'It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.'
- Alan Cohen
The new financial year has arrived
Year End Checklist
Year End Check List - More CA Limited | Chartered Accountants New Plymouth
Year End Questionnaires
To complete your annual accounting and tax work you will be required to provide us with your signed year end questionnaires. Our initial handover meeting is a valuable time to ensure your records are complete and for us to be acquainted with any changes in your business and investment.
Our 2017 Year End Questionnaires have now been posted onto our website - http://www.enoka.co.nz/client_tools/annual_questionnaires. All clients should print these off now. Familarise yourself with the content you will be required to compile. Sign where indicated.
2017 Business Questionnaire – to be completed by all businesses including rental property companies and owners.
2017 Personal Questionnaire – to be completed by all individuals for whom we prepare a tax return
2017 Investment Property Annual Checklist – to be completed by all individuals, companies, or trusts who own a rental property (Complete one checklist for each property).
9 Steps to help minimise accounting costs
1. Provide all the information in the first instance.
2. Summarise and reconcile as much as possible
3. Explain any unusual events at your initial meeting
4. Ask yourself the question "can I attend to this without contacting PECA?" i.e. sometimes you may contact us to email copies of documents, which you may already have in your possession.
5. Discuss with us areas that can be improved or work that you can do to present the job better.
6. Use our support staff for the minor things and use the director only for the important things.
7. Provide missing information quickly.
8. Do most of the running around yourself e.g. calling banks / solicitors, collecting statements etc.
9. Use email and our website to ask for answers to questions.
10. If you have business loans please ensure you have all bank statements as well as a loan summary from your bank.